Karamba Foundation was founded in 2015. Our foundation strives for better living conditions and a brighter future perspective for residents of The Gambia. To achieve this goal, we have already achieved a lot in recent years. And there are still many beautiful projects in the pipeline! The initiators and board members of the foundation have lost their hearts to The Gambia years ago. With tireless dedication, they dedicate themselves daily to the inhabitants of -in particular- the towns of Toniataba and Soma.
What we have already achieved:
- The establishment of a thrift store in Soma.
- A wall around the vegetable garden of the school in ToniaTaba.
- The whole school is painted inside as well as out.
- For every child that goes to school, we arrange a school uniform and other school supplies. We have already provided 300 children.
- Furnishing a computer room.
- Delivery of medical devices for the hospital in Soma and the clinic in ToniaTaba
- Financing of cataract operations
- A house for the school’s teachers in Toniatabade
- Expansion of the Toniataba Basic Lower School
- and many other small initiatives.
Although there is still a lot to do, it is great to see that we can already make a big difference with limited resources! The living conditions of the people we support are really improving! And that’s what we do it all for!
If you have any questions about this, please feel free to call or email the board. Would you like to make a donation, of things or maybe a financial contribution? Every little bit helps and we are happy with any kind of support! The contact and bank details can be found elsewhere on this website.